In this new entry, we want to resolve some doubts about the security of our homes.
What is Lock Bumping?
Lock Bumping is a method of quick and easy opening of locks, it does not damage the lock and allows us to open any door with a serreta cylinder or basic security in minutes.
It consists of modifying a key in such a way that by means of a few simple blows on the modified key and a tensioner, it acts on the pins directly, and allows them to be aligned in their opening position. This technique is usually used by burglars and allows them to enter the house quickly and stealthily.
How to Protect Your Home From Lock Bumping
Due to the wave of thefts through this method, the manufacturers responded to the demand of locksmiths and have put solutions within everyone’s reach to avoid theft with this type of system.
One Way to Do This is…
It is essential to change the cylinder, protect it with a shield and invest in safety.
Items demanded by our clients:
Kaba Expert LAM High-Security Cylinder Lock
High-end cylinder and an exclusive key.
- Certifications according to UNE 1303 standard for safety cylinders
- Reinforcement of steel that increases its resistance to attempts to open by force
- Duplicate keys can only be requested at authorized KABA centers after identification and authentication of the requested data
- High-security cylinder system consisting of 22 active pins in 4 rows of locking component
High-end cylinder with key controlled by the manufacturer.
- Certificate according to standard EN-1303
- Protection against drilling, anti-bumping, anti-lock, and anti-twist
- Alpaca pins and durability exceeding 100,000 opening cycles
Keso 4000S Omega Premium
High-end cylinder and uncopiable key.
- 3 rows of pins with different diameter of pins
- Pins with different forms of anti-tamper
- Omega technology active at the tip of the key
- Protection against drill or extractor screw
- Anti-extraction production with CrNi steel
These are some of the best examples when it comes to protecting our homes against the bumping method.
We hope you find it helpful, and we are at your disposal for any type of doubt that may arise.